WHY DON'T YOU...
EMBRACE THE SUMMER!
Gotta get outside? When the warm sun beckons, refer to the list of fun and inexpensive things to do outdoors.
- Take a nature walk - teach the kids what they are seeing along the way with bird-watching and flower-identification books. (Parks, Wildlife, Botanical Garden)
- Find a mini-golf course near you - worse putter of the day buys the ice cream! (There's one at Fun Ranch in Tiendesitas, Pasig)
- Go fishing at a local lake (At Island Cove in Cavite, you can have your catch for lunch)
- Host mini-Olympics in the backyard (Think egg-and-spoon and three-legged races)
- Lie on a blanket and sky-gaze
- Have everyone sit-out in the yard and paint a view of the house (They'll be keepsakes if you move one day)
- Blow bubbles
- Bury a time capsule
- Set up a halu-halo or samalamig stand with the kids
- Organize a scavenger hunt
- Collect and press flowers (Keep them between the page of heavy books for about two weeks, then frame them for instant wall art)
- Start a water balloon fight
- Gather seashells and pretty stones and arrange them in a decorative bowl
- Get exercise with a long bike ride
- Spend the afternoon at a nearest pool (your community's or at a relative's house or friend's house)
- Rent paddleboats at the La Mesa Eco Park
- Take a picnic and some books, and read at a nearby park
source: Good Housekeeping