21 July, 2011

How Do Moms Deal With Letting Their Pre-Teens Go?

What I mean is, letting go of their little boy that now doesn't want to have anything to do with them.

Teenagers -- they are going through certain phases where parents are cut off. It's like they are trying out their wings now. I think it's a testosterone thing.

Here are some suggestions on how to handle your pre-teen..

- Try not to treat him as a child.
- Just be there for him.
- Respect his privacy.
- Don't come off as spying. It may just push him farther away.
- Give him his space, but make sure you know exactly where he is and who he's with -- check in with phone calls and make sure he does the same.
- Good communication is always the key.



In my case, my 11 year old boy.. he was my baby, but when he started talking, he became my little buddy.

(I do not own the photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?